- AES3 – 24-bit, up to 24-channel, 48 KHz (2/31 x RJ-45)
- AES671 – 24-bit, up to 32-channel^, 48 KHz
The time-tested IMB with proven consistent performance
GDC Technology has been at the forefront of cinema technology development since the advent of digital cinema. From a commitment to introducing first-to-market solutions to providing outstanding customer services and technical support, GDC is recognized globally as a leader in integrated media block (IMB) technology. The SR-1000 is the company’s sixth-generation digital cinema media server designed for near-zero maintenance and minimal total cost of ownership.
The SR-1000 supports playback of SMPTE and Interop digital cinema packages (DCP) at bit rates up to 500 Mbps1; its DTS:X™ Immersive Audio solution supports SMPTE ST 2098-2 immersive audio bitstream (IAB) standard, which was developed to deliver a single interoperable audio format for global theatrical distribution.
With its future-proof flexible architecture, the SR-1000 offers several affordable options, including 4K, a built-in diskless CineCache™ 2TB, and a built-in 5.1/7.1 cinema audio processor. In addition, there are more upgrade options targeting DTS:X for IAB installations: (i) a built-in 15.1 cinema audio processor to replace an external cinema processor; (ii) a built-in DTS:X for IAB decoder up to 32-channel and (iii) Audio over Ethernet (AoE) output using AES67 standard.
Key Benefits of SR-1000 Standalone IMB™
With built-in embedded power electronics used in medical and military products, the overall system stability is ensured. The SR-1000 is SGS certified for 100,000 hours Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF).
Compatibility with Series 1, 2, 3 and 4 Projectors
The SR-1000 IMB is designed with diskless CineCache (built-in cache memory) available in 2TB offering key advantages:
- Movie ingest in just 30 minutes without interrupting concurrent playback
CineCache enables incredibly fast content ingest during playback. Content ingest and playback can be performed concurrently without local HDD storage. One average+ movie can be ingested within 30 minutes without interrupting playback. It is no longer necessary to wait for the movie to end to ingest content.
- Incredibly fast content transfer across IMBs
For IMBs with CineCache, content can be copied at lightning speed across IMBs via 1Gbps LAN without any IMB playback interruption. An average+ movie would only take approximately 30 minutes to be transferred between IMBs.
- High-speed and high-reliability playback in a 3D dual projector system
CineCache is a superior technology providing high-reliability playback of 3D content at 120 fps-per-eye in a dual projector system.
+ The running time of an average movie is between 90 and 120 minutes.
Supports the Playback of Thousands of Movies
Take full advantage of show scheduling with Ultra Storage technology which is capable of storing over 2,000 movies when combined with Cinema Automation CA2.0. The content is available for playback on any screen, any time. You no longer need to ingest content to each screen for playback, saving hours of time for content management operation.
Built-in Wi-Fi with Intuitive Web-based User Interface
Both audio and video features can be configured and controlled remotely through the easy-to-use web-based UI. The web-based UI connected to the SR-1000 built-in Wi-Fi is user-friendly and intuitive. With drag-and-drop, filtering and navigating functions, operators can easily switch between tabs or pages. Other than accessing the UI through a computer or a laptop, wireless access is also enabled by using handheld devices such as a smartphone or a tablet.
Built-in Audio Solutions
The SR-1000 offers various built-in audio options of 5.1/7.1/15.1 cinema audio processor and up to 32-channel DTS:X for IAB decoder. DTS:X immersive audio solutions support SMPTE ST 2098-2 immersive audio bitstream (IAB) standard, representing a major milestone to deliver a single interoperable audio format. IAB allows motion picture studios to efficiently distribute immersive audio content to the DTS:X screens worldwide – exactly as the filmmakers intended.
SR-1000 Standalone Integrated Media Block™
- 2 x Gigabit Ethernet – (1GbE/RJ-45)
- 1 x eSATA 6 Gbps
- 2 x USB 3.0 (A-Type Female)
- 1 x BNC (video sync input)
- 1 x HDMI® 2.0 (alternative content input)
- 8 x GPI (2 x RJ-45)
- 8 x GPO (2 x RJ-45)
Up to 32-channel DTS:X for IAB decoder
Up to 15-channel 1/3 octave Graphic EQ and independent bass/treble control (non-LFE channels)
- Parameter EQ for LFE channel (Subwoofer)
- Global delay for all channels and independent audio delay (500ms) for individual channel
- JPEG 20002 Standard 2K – 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, 60 (2D) 2K – 24, 25, 30 (3D) Option with upgrade3 HFR option: 2K – 120 (2D); 48, 50, 60 (3D) 4K option: 4K – 24, 25, 30 (2D)
- MPEG-2 SD/HD
- SMPTE and Interop Digital Cinema Packages (DCP) at bit rates up to 500 Mbps1; IAB; DTS:X
- Color-space conversion – supports YCbCr709, Rec.709, XYZ’, YCxCz
- Scaler to support 2K & 4K projectors
- Web-based graphical user interface
- Cinema Automation – CA2.0
- Automatic playlist programming – CA2.0
- API for control from third-party TMS, NOC systems
- NexGuard® forensic watermarking
- FIPS 140-2 (Level 3 security certiﬁed)
- Third-party TMS
- Third-party 4D systems
- Subtitle overlay
- Projector Cinecanvas™ support
- Less than 75 W
- CineCache 2TB
- Redundant local hot swappable storage (up to 32TB) with CineCache 2TB
- Ultra Storage – CA2.0 Centralized Storage Server with on-board CineCache 2TB per screen
- Support SMPTE430-10
- Dimensions – 320 (W) x 240 (D) x 63.7 (H) mm
- Weight – 1.4 kg
- Operating temperature – 0°C to 40° (32°F to 104°F)
- Operating humidity – 20% to 90%, non-condensing
- Maximum operating altitude – 10,000 ft. (3,000m) above sea level4
1 Depending on the SR-1000 option chosen
2 Check with GDC on specific frame rate & resolution support
3 Paid license required
4 Depending on the specifications of the hard disk
^ AES67 available as an option in Q1 2023
Key Benefits of Built-in 5.1/7.1/15.1 Cinema Audio Processor
Built-in 5.1/7.1/15.1 Cinema Audio Processor
With the built-in cinema audio processor option, the SR-1000 offers the capability to provide superior sound designed for 5.1 and 7.1 PCM uncompressed surround sound functionality – the purest digital sound not “contaminated” by compression. Also, a built-in 15.1 cinema audio processor is available to replace an external cinema audio processor for a DTS:X for IAB installation. The cinema audio processor license that can be procured remotely from GDC Technology, unlocks the optional built-in cinema audio processor’s features. The embedded robust audio processing engine can achieve precise sound system calibration of the theatre by supporting
- 5.1 / 7.1 / 15.1 audio equalizer (EQ)
- 1/3-octave graphic EQ with independent bass and treble controls (non-LFE channels)
- Parametric EQ (choice of dedicated general LFE settings or SMPTE standard LFE settings for LFE channel)
- 2-way crossover with selectable filter type and configurable slope (5.1/7.1 only)
- Fader (gain adjustment), global and individual channel delay
- Uncompressed audio processing (including LPCM on HDMI input)
- Provides booth monitor output (5.1/7.1 only)
- Built-in signal generator, mute with configurable fade-in/fade-out times, wide dynamic range
- Audio input level display, easy configuration backup, and restore
- Channel routing & duplication
GDC offers optional Audio IO (Input-Output) Boxes (AIB) for the SR-1000, with a built-in 8-channel premium quality digital-to-analog converter (DAC), to interface with external audio equipment such as analog amplifiers, booth monitor, microphone, and media player. GDC also offers 8/12/16/24/32-channel DAC options for analog output.
Solution for SR-1000 IMB with Digital or Analog Amplifiers*
#Digital AES3 to Analog converter, up to 32 channels
##Depends on the specific system configuration
SR-1000 IMB and Optional Audio IO Box to Interface with External Audio Equipment*
Built-in Cinema Audio Processor for SR-1000
- DCP source – 5.1/7.1 surround sound channels and up to 32-channel DTS:X immersive audio supporting IAB
- HDMI input – 8-channel PCM
Microphone input (via AIB-2000/2800 or HDMI adapter) – Microphone level input with switchable +48V phantom power, adjustable gain and selectable HPF (+48V phantom power and selectable HPF available only on AIB-2000)
Non-sync input (via AIB-2000/2800 or HDMI adapter) – Stereo line level inputs
Analog balanced 7.1 input (via AIB-2000/2800) – 8-channel analog line level inputs
SPDIF input (via AIB-2800) – 1x optical fiber, 1x coaxial input
- Digital audio output – Up to 24-channel AES3, up to 32-channel AES67^, LCR Monitor, HI/VI-N, LTC (sync for 4D systems) and DBOX motion signal
- Analog audio output (via Audio IO Box or DAC) – 8/12/16/24/32-channel balanced analog line level outputs
- DSP Processing (5.1/7.1/15.1) – 32-bit full floating point DSP processing
- Graphic EQ for 7/15 channels (non-LFE channels)
- 1/3 octave graphic EQ (27 bands)
- Band gain: -6 dB to 6 dB in 0.1 dB step
- Bass/Treble for 7/15 channels (non-LFE channels)
- Bass level: -6 dB to 6 dB in 0.1 dB step
- Treble level: -12dB to 12 dB in 0.1 dB step
- Treble corner frequency: 1K/2K/3K/4K Hz
- LFE parametric EQ
- Center frequency: 20Hz to 120 Hz in 10 Hz step
- Bandwidth (Q): 0.5 to 10 in 0.1 step
- Gain: -12~6dB in 0.1 dB step
- LFE low pass filter – Default / SMPTE
- Crossover (for 5.1/7.1 only)
- Mode: 2-way
- Filter type: Butterworth, Linkwitz-Riley
- Filter slope: -6, -12, -18, -24, -36, -48 dB/octave
- Global delay for all channels – -400~400ms
- Audio delay for individual channel – 0~500ms
- Volume control (main fader) for all channels – -90dB~10dB (fader 0~10)
- Mute (fade-in/out) duration configuration – 0.2 to 5.0 second in 0.1 step
- Channel gain for individual channel – -22dB~8dB in 0.1dB step
- PCM channel assignment – Yes
- Signal generator – 100Hz, 1KHz, 10KHz, PinkNoise, sweep
- Audio input level meter – 16 channels
- Backup and restore – Audio configuration presets (equalization (EQ), crossover, channel delay, global delay and gain)
- Web-based graphical user interface
- Cinema Automation CA2.0
- Automatic playlist programming CA2.0
- API for control from third-party TMS and NOC systems
- Dynamic range (via Audio IO Box) >105dB
*The actual system configuration may vary depending on specific application requirements. Please contact GDC for further details.
Featuring DTS:X for IAB Immersive Audio Solution Built-in up to 32-channel DTS:X for IAB Decoder
Built-in up to 32-channel DTS:X for IAB Decoder
GDC Technology, a world-leading digital cinema solutions provider, and DTS, Inc. are working together to offer DTS:X for IAB, a premier immersive sound system for cinemas worldwide.
Advantages of DTS:X for IAB Technology
- Flexible speaker configurations enable installation in auditoriums of all different sizes.
- Retrofit theatres at lower cost, saving up to 50% compared to other 3D sound systems.
- Higher accuracy in conveying sound movement, with object-based audio technology.
- Backward compatible with 5.1 and 7.1 systems.
- DTS:X supporting IAB is based on up to three layers: the base layer, a height layer and a top layer.
- The base layer covers all the speakers in a typical 5.1 or 7.1 configuration.
- The height and top layers cover all the speakers above the listeners and support height effects.
++The configuration diagrams are for reference only.