What personal information we collect and process
The personal information that we collect and process may include –
- Basic information, such as your first name, last name, employer, title and position, and preferred language;
- Contact information, such as your email address, physical address, and telephone number;
- Business information, such as the project or the field in which you are interested, business relationship with GDC, market and application segments;
- Technical information (including your IP address), such as information from your visits to our websites and correspondence with GDC;
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
How we collect personal information
We receive your personal information anytime you are in contact with GDC Tech. You may share your personal information with us when you –
- Contact us via the contact form;
- Fill in a form on our website;
- Request content (e.g. brochures, manuals or training materials);
- Sign up for email communications;
- Participate in a survey;
- Ask for service support.
For what purposes we use or process your personal information
The personal information we collect from you allows us to –
- Keep you informed of GDC Tech’s latest product announcements, software updates and upcoming events, subject to your consent;
- Respond to your requires of content (e.g. brochures, manuals or training materials);
- Answer your inquiries and exchange information;
- Conduct technical and functional management of our websites;
- Manage our business relationship with you or your employer;
- Distribute surveys or marketing materials, subject to your consent;
- Gather information on your personal preferences and improve the quality of our products, services, content and advertising, and communications with you;
- Use your personal information for any other purpose for which you have given consent.
To whom we share your personal information
It may be mandatory for GDC Tech to disclose your personal information by operation of law, legal process, litigation, court orders, and/or orders from supervisory and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence. We may also share or transfer your personal data, if necessary, pursuant to applicable data protection laws, or for the purposes of national security, law enforcement or for other public interests.
How long we keep your personal information
How we keep your personal information secure
We will take technical and organizational safeguards (including firewalls and secured servers) against unauthorized or unlawful access and processing of your personal information, and against accidental loss, destruction or damage arising thereof. Only a limited number of persons with special access rights will have knowledge of the nature of your personal information and access such information. Our internal security procedures covering the storage, access and destruction of the data will be complied with. Apart from the foregoing measures, due care will be taken, in the event of any connection with unsecure or public networks.
Third Party Service Providers
We may engage third party service providers to offer services such as software and application development, analytics, hosting, database maintenance, provision of other technology platforms, or deliveries. We may share your personal information with foregoing service providers, to the extent that your personal information disclosed to third parties is necessary for those third parties to perform services on behalf of GDC Tech. If you separately provide your personal information to third parties and we share non-personal information with those third parties thereafter, third parties may match non-personal information disclosed by us with other personal information received from you.
What rights you have and how you can exercise them
With respect to your personal information, you have a range of rights including –
- Right of access to your personal information;
- Right to correct any inaccurate personal information and to keep such information up-to-date;
- Right to restrict, opt out or object to any use or processing of your personal information;
- Right to lodge complaints with relevant supervisory authorities;
- Any other rights under the applicable data protection legislations (including the EU General Data Protection Regulation and California Consumer Privacy Act).
If any use or processing of your personal information is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the legitimacy of any use or processing prior to your withdrawal of consent.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Effective as of 1 January 2020, verified California residents are entitled to access or request from GDC Tech (i) the personal information, if any, that GDC Tech collects, uses and discloses during the prior 12 months, (ii) deletion by GDC Tech (or if applicable, by third party service providers of GDC Tech) subject to exceptions, and (iii) undertakings from GDC on no sale of personal information and/or no discrimination consequent to exercise of any rights thereunder.
Privacy of Children
GDC Tech does not provide products/ services to children aged under 18. Therefore, we do not collect personal information from children under 18 years of age with actual knowledge. If we later learn that we have unintentionally collected any personal information of a child aged below 18, we will take prompt steps to remove that child’s personal information from our databases and to prevent that child’s access to our website as soon as practically possible.