DTS:X™ Immersive Audio Solution
NEW! IAB support is available
DTS:X™ real-life, rich and immersive sound that moves around in the theatre
GDC SX-4000 Standalone Integrated Media Block™ is designed to anticipate the future of digital cinema sound. When combined with the 16-channel XSP-1000 Cinema Audio Processor (GDC Immersive Sound Solution), it supports 5.1/7.1 surround sound and the option for real-time decoding to playback DTS:X immersive sound. The option enables a high-quality audio experience at a price point that allows exhibitors worldwide to affordably install immersive sound in any size auditorium to deliver realistic, rich sound to a much broader audience. DTS:X delivers true cinematic immersion with best-in-class partners including Samsung Onyx LED, ScreenX and IMAX® Enhanced. Today, DTS:X is installed and committed in over 1,000 screens worldwide, including the world’s first and largest Samsung Onyx LED Cinema Screen with DTS:X.
Starting in 2020, SX-4000 would fully support SMPTE’s ST 2098-2 immersive audio bitstream (IAB) standard, which represents a major milestone toward the goal of delivering a single interoperable audio format for theatrical distribution. Supporting SMPTE’s IAB will bring even more immersive content to the big DTS:X screens worldwide – exactly as the filmmaker intended.
Key Benefits of SX-4000 Standalone Integrated Media Block™
GDC SX-4000 Standalone Integrated Media Block (IMB) is designed to future-proof today’s digital cinema.
- Next-generation design and hardware, which enables faster processing speed for handling tasks more quickly. This additional processing power opens options for advanced integration, theatre automation, and other value-added capabilities.
- Total 16 audio channels / outputs.
- Ability to handle high-quality live streaming contents such as MPEG4, MPEG2 in 2D or 3D.
- Faster I/O interface such as USB3.0 for faster content ingestion and “live play” from storage devices in emergency situations.
- Additional Gigabit LAN port that can be used for dedicated ingest, theatre automation, and other external devices.
- Upmix capability from 5.1/7.1 to 16 channels for alternative and pre-show contents.
- Built-in full 16 channel immersive sound DTS:X decoder with IAB support (optional).
- Supports SMPTE’s “Digital Sync Signal and Aux Data Transfer Protocol” standard (ST 430-14:2015) and SMPTE’s Immersive Audio Bitstream (IAB) standard ST 2098-2 (optional).
Key Benefits of XSP-1000 Cinema Audio Processor
GDC XSP-1000 Cinema Audio Processor offers 16-channel digital audio processing specially designed for cinema application.
- Low noise digital processing with up to 96 kHz sample rate to ensure superb presentation.
- Robust audio processing engine consisting of audio gain, EQ, and delay controls for accurate theatre calibration.
- Runs on Windows operating systems, allows for complete system configuration, monitoring and firmware upgrades over USB and Ethernet.
- Supports multiple immersive sound formats.
SX-4000 Standalone Integrated Media Block
|Dimensions||320 (W) x 240 (D) x 63.7 (H) mm|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C(32°F to 104°F)|
|Operating Humidity||20% to 90%, non-condensing|
|Operating Altitude||10,000ft. (3,000m) above sea level*|
* Depending on specifications of the hard disk
|Max Power Consumption||75W|
|JPEG 2000||4K – 24, 25, 30 (2D) (optional)|
2K – 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, 60, 120** (2D)
2K – 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, 60 (3D)
|MPEG 2/MPEG 4||SD/HD|
|Packaging||SMPTE Digital Cinema Package (DCP),|
** Software upgrade and license required
16 channels, 48/96 kHz
3 x RJ45
|Ethernet||3 x RJ45 (1000 BaseT)|
|USB 2.0||2 x USB A-Type Female|
|USB 3.0||1 x USB A-Type Female|
|LTC||In & Out (2 x BNC)|
|REF||Passive loop output/|
Video sync input (2 x BNC)
|HDMI||1 x (alternative content input)|
|3G-SDI||2 x (alternative content input)|
|8-port GPI/Os||4 x RJ45 (8 GPIs and 8 GPOs)|
- Redundant hot swappable up to 32TB
- NexGuard® forensic watermarking
- DCI Compliant (FIPS 140-2)
- Subtitle overlay
- Projector Cinecanvas support
- PC/ Mac/ VGA
|3D System||RealD, Dolby® 3D, MasterImage 3D,|
|4D System||D-BOX Motion Code™, CJ 4DX®|
|3D Audio||DTS:X, Dolby Atmos®, IAB|
|Closed Captioning Device||Supports SMPTE430-10|
XSP-1000 Cinema Audio Processor
- Standard 2RU rack-mount chassis
- 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 30 watts maximum (18 watts typical, 7.5 watts sleep)
- PA Microphone – XLR 0.7mV sensitivity
- Calibration Microphone – 3.5mm stereo jack 0.7mV sensitivity with 10V power
- Non-Sync analog input – RCA 75mV to 4.775V
- Auxiliary analog input – RCA 300mV
- Eight-channel analog input – DB25F 300mV
- COAX1 – RCA PCM decoding
- COAX2 – RCA PCM decoding
- TOSLINK – Optical PCM decoding
- AES/EBU 16 Channel 48-96KHz sample rates
- 16-Channel Balanced 300mV adjustable. Configurable as 5.1, 7.1 broadband, bi-amp three or five screen channels, tri-amp three screen channels or 13.1
- DB25F pulse automation
- Serial control – RS-232
- USB for laptop setup
- Ethernet 10/100 – RJ45
- Digital (COAX1, COAX2, TOSLINK, 8 or 16 Channel AES/EBU)
- Analog (8-channel, Non-Sync, Auxiliary, Microphone)
- User 1, User 2 (Configurable in software, e.g., digital 16 channel at lower level, 7.1, 13.1, etc.)
- 96 kHz processing
- One-third octave equalization on all channels except LFE, HI, and VI-N
- Parametric equalizers on LFE
- Synchronization delays for all inputs
- Surround delays for all surround channels
- Crossovers support bi-amp and tri-amp of up to five screen channels plus individual parametric equalization on one to three LFE outputs. Crossover includes a speaker library and allows for user defined speaker systems
- The XSP-1000 Graphical User Interface (GUI) operates under Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8. It communicates with one or more XSP-1000 systems simultaneously over USB, Ethernet, or RS232. The GUI is used for system configuration including auditorium equalization (both manual and automatic equalization)
- Typically 105dB