GDC Enters the Projector Market with Espedeo Supra Laser Projector at CinemaCon 2021
GDC will demonstrate its award-winning RGB Plus laser phosphor cinema projector to delegates at the world’s largest cinema industry convention
LAS VEGAS, August 16, 2021 — GDC Technology Limited (‘GDC’), a leading global provider of digital cinema solutions, is pleased to announce it will enter the projector market at CinemaCon 2021 with the official launch of its multi-award-winning Espedeo Supra-5000 RGB Plus Laser Phosphor Cinema Projector from Espedeo Holdings Limited, a GDC company.
GDC will demonstrate Espedeo Supra-5000 in a GoGoCinema mini-theatre at CinemaCon 2021, a live trade show scheduled from August 23 to 26 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas in Milano Ballroom III, located on the Promenade level. GDC will use the opportunity to showcase other Espedeo products, including the Espedeo VM-1140 VESA Ceiling Mount and more than 30% light efficiency, Espedeo PM-2000B Polarized 3D System to attendees. Attendees will be able to experience the image quality using DLP technology and the world’s leading ALPD 4.0 technology. In addition, 7.1 surround sound was installed to demonstrate the built-in professional cinema audio processor. Demonstrations will be available at the top of every hour during trade show hours on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, August 24, 25 and 26 respectively. Interested delegates can contact GDC to arrange an individual meeting with a sales consultant at [email protected].
The Supra-5000 demonstrates the best possible all-in-one DCI projection system from renowned technologists: GDC, Appotronics, and Texas Instruments. Being the winners of the Projection Expo 2021 Best of Show and the prestigious 2020 Red Dot Award for its product design, Supra-5000 is the world’s smallest, quietest, and lightest ceiling-mounted DCI-compliant laser projector with powerful built-in features. It is specifically designed for in-auditorium installation (no hush box) in commercial mini-theatres and other venues such as private home cinemas, hotels, private screening rooms, and yachts.
“We are thrilled to launch Espedeo products at CinemaCon 2021. Entering the projector market is a big step forward for GDC. Typically, we design and manufacture products by collaborating with our distribution and exhibition partners. For Espedeo Supra, we collaborated with Appotronics and Texas Instruments from conception to design to manufacturing,” said Dr. Man-Nang Chong, founder, chairman and CEO of GDC Technology Limited. “The mini-theatre and boutique cinema market is quickly growing globally. With Espedeo products, we are delivering the advanced cinema technology to our dealers and customers entering the emerging trend.”
Other key features and benefits of Supra-5000
- designed for in-auditorium ceiling mount (no hush box)
- Air cooling without exhaust.
- Laser phosphor digital cinema projector with the world’s leading ALPD 4.0 technology, achieving DCI colors and 99% of Rec.2020 color gamut.
- Light engine and lens are designed with IP5X level of dustproof protection for maximizing brightness.
- Built-in GDC’s All-in-One-Board designed with near-zero maintenance electronics and tested for 100,000 Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF).
- Diskless CineCacheTM 2TB (built-in cache storage). Content ingest and playback can be performed concurrently without local HDD storage. Incredibly fast ingest during playback.
- Optional built-in digital cinema audio processor to playback movie titles in uncompressed audio tracks.
Key features and benefits of Supra-5000 (continued)
- Supports GDC Cinema Automation 2.0 that enables the playback of thousands of movies and auto power-on/power-off for the projector’s laser according to the pre-set schedules.
- Supra Command Center: an intuitive web-based control UI connected to the projector’s built-in
Wi-Fi that can be accessed with a computer, a laptop or a tablet.
- Option to customize the magnetic cover to match with your ceiling color.
GDC Technology Limited (‘GDC’) is a leading digital cinema solutions provider. GDC develops, manufactures, and sells media servers, content storage systems, theatre management systems and network operations center software for the global cinema industry. In addition, GDC also provides a suite of digital cinema products and services, including integrated projection systems, 3D products, projector lamps and silver screens.
Founded in 2006, Espedeo Holdings Limited (“Espedeo”), a GDC Technology Limited company, is a global digital cinema display equipment and solutions provider offering premium commercial and home cinema display solutions, cinema 3D system equipment and after-sales support service.
Espedeo and Espedeo Supra are trademarks of GDC Technology Limited. All other trademarks remain the property of their respective owners.
Media Contact: Tony Adamson
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +1 (214) 686-0491
SOURCE: GDC Technology