GDC Technology Introduces Innovative Library Management Systemat CinemaCon 2015
CINEMACON, Las Vegas (April 22, 2015) –GDC Technology Limited (“GDC Technology”), a world-leading digital cinema solutions provider, unveils an innovative Library Management System (“LMS”) at CinemaCon 2015, being held at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, from April 21stto 23rd. GDC showcases the new solution, which uses GDC’s CLA–2000 Content Library Adapter (“CLA–2000”), its enterprise Storage Plus as library storage, and the GDC TMS–2000 Theatre Management System (“TMS”).
Compared with other LMS solutions on the market, this robust system offers a simplified configuration with more powerful features:
- The new LMS concept offers simplicity, with a simple configuration of three main hardware components –a basic Windows®rack mount computer, GDC CLA–2000 Content Library Adapter, and the GDC Enterprise Storage Plus.
- The simple configuration allows for easier LMS installation and more efficient troubleshooting/maintenance.
- The Enterprise Storage Plus is an industrial–grade storage device that offers exceptional reliability, providing 24×7 operation in digital cinemas, which minimizes theatre downtime –a huge benefit in the theatre business.
- The Enterprise Storage Plus also offers various storage capacity options. Depending on the size of the theatre, 4TB, 6TB, 8TB, or 16TB are available.
- The GDC CLA–2000 provides a network interface between the storage/content drive and a Windows®computer, while the Enterprise Storage Plus provides a built–in CRU bay with 5 redundant hot-swappable units of enterprise-grade 3.5” HDDs. This combination allows for seamless content ingestion from a CRU drive.
- Over 14,000 cinema screens worldwide currently use GDC TMS. Users recognize GDC TMS as a tremendously user–friendly and practical software tool for theatres. The updated and redesigned TMS–2000 adds more useful features such as live play from library storage to auditorium’s media block, TmsRemote™a new Apple iPad app, and the SmartRestore feature. These features further enhance the TMS system’s usability.
Darryl Leversuch, Vice President, Technology Group at iPic Theaters, said: “GDC’s new concept for LMS and TMS–2000 is currently operating at iPic’s new Pike and Rose Theatre. Compared with other LMS systems, the solution from GDC Technology is more streamlined and training for our managers is much simpler, which is extremely beneficial for newly built theatres. GDC’s concept absolutely fulfills our technological needs and our budgetary expectations as well.”
Jim Patterson, Managing Director, Embassy Diplomat Screens, said: “We used GDC products exclusively at Embassy as we needed to be confident we had a complete, reliable system. I have used many suppliers over the years and there are many good products to be considered. What set GDC apart for us was not only the reliability of their products but GDC creating the appropriate system to meet whatever our goals and needs are.”
Dr. Man–Nang Chong, founder, chairman, and CEO of GDC Technology said: “We are honored to have such a rich history with iPic Theaters, and iPic’s adoption of our new LMS system is a perfect example. GDC Technology devotes substantial resources to provide its customers with quality products that empower customers to grow their businesses.”
About GDC Technology Limited (www.gdc–tech.com)
GDC Technology Limited is a digital cinema solutions provider. GDC Technology develops, manufactures, and sells digital cinema servers, content storage systems, theatre management systems, and network operations center software for digital cinema. In addition, GDC Technology is the appointed worldwide certification services agent, with exclusivity in Asia to certify DTS:X immersive sound auditoriums for DTS, Inc. GDC Technology also provides a suite of digital cinema products and services, including integrated projection systems, 3D products, projector lamps, and silver screens. GDC Technology’s subsidiary, GDC Digital Cinema Network Limited, manages VPF for approximately 5,000 theatre screens and 250 motion picture distributors worldwide.
GDC Technology Media Contact:
Email: [email protected]–tech.com