Movie Theatre Owners Embrace GDC SR-1000 with Built-in Cinema Audio Processor
LAS VEGAS, April 26, 2022 — GDC Technology Limited (‘GDC’), a leading global provider of digital cinema solutions, announced today that cumulative global sales for its SR-1000 Standalone Integrated Media Block with built-in cinema audio processor has exceeded forecast for the first quarter of 2022 despite the economic impact caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result of the rapid adoption by theatre owners, GDC expects growth of its SR-1000 with built-in cinema audio processor to exceed its annual forecast.
The SR-1000 with built-in cinema audio processor provides an integrated, cost-efficient and intuitive solution for cinematic audio playback, with options for theatres of all sizes. Exhibitors selecting the SR-1000 with built-in cinema audio processor get embedded 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound processing without requiring an external cinema processor. They have a choice of two other optional upgrades for a true cinematic surround sound for a 360-degree audio experience:
- a built-in 15.1 cinema audio processor is available to replace an external cinema processor for DTS:X™ installations; and
- an optional upgrade to decode 16 or 24-channel DTS:X for IAB immersive audio which fully supports the SMPTE’s ST 2098-2 immersive audio bitstream standard.
SMPTE’s ST 2098-2 immersive audio bitstream standard delivers a single interoperable audio format for theatrical distribution. GDC supports IAB for the existing and future DTS:X immersive sound installations, demonstrating the long-term commitment from GDC and DTS to enhance the DTS:X sound experience in cinemas worldwide.
The embedded robust audio processing engine, which has received excellent feedback and acceptance from the industry, can achieve precise sound system calibration of the theatre by supporting
- 1 / 7.1 / 15.1 audio equalizer (EQ)
- 1/3-octave graphic EQ with independent bass and treble controls (non-LFE channels)
- Parametric EQ (choice of dedicated general LFE settings or SMPTE standard LFE settings for LFE channel)
- 2-way crossover with selectable filter type and configurable slope (5.1/7.1 only)
- Fader (gain adjustment), global and individual channel delay
- Uncompressed audio processing (including LPCM on HDMI input)
- Provides booth monitor output (5.1/7.1 only)
- Built-in signal generator, mute with configurable fade-in/fade-out times, wide dynamic range
- Audio input level display, easy configuration backup and restore
- Channel routing & duplication
The SR-1000 with a built-in cinema audio processor offers the same near-zero maintenance and minimal total cost of ownership as the base SR-1000. The SR-1000 with built-in cinema audio processor is designed with built-in embedded power electronics used in medical and military products, creating an overall system stability.
“Since its launch in 2018, we have continually added robust features to the SR-1000 IMB, including the capability of the highest frame rate playback. With the SR-1000’s scalable and future-proof design, we are committed to adding more innovative features to this platform,” said Pranay Kumar, CTO of GDC Technology Limited. “By adding a built-in cinema audio processor, we now offer the cinema industry the most robust media solution available.”
About GDC Technology Limited
GDC Technology Limited (‘GDC’) is a leading digital cinema solutions provider with its manufacturing facility certified with ISO 9001:2015 by SGS. GDC develops, manufactures and sells cinema projector, media server for both projector and LED cinema display, content storage system, cinema enterprise software including theatre management system and advanced cinema automation system for the global cinema industry. GDC is a licensee of the DTS:XTM object-based immersive sound technology from DTS, Inc. for the development of its media servers. In addition, GDC also provides a suite of digital cinema products and services, including LED cinema, 3D product, audio equipment, projector lamp, silver screen, post-production service, and Electronic Delivery System (EDS).
Standalone Integrated Media Block and CineCache are trademark of GDC Technology Limited. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
GDC Media Contact: Tony Adamson
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +1 (214) 686-0491
SOURCE: GDC Technology