GDC Celebrates Two Decades of Innovation at CineAsia 2020 On-line Conference
GDC Technology to observe its 20–year history of first–to–market solutions with a record number of solutions for the changing cinema industry, including the launch of Espedeo Supra–5000 RGB Plus laser phosphor cinema projector and SR–1000 IMB with built–in cinema audio processor option.
HONG KONG, November 4, 2020 – GDC Technology Limited (‘GDC’), a leading global provider of digital cinema solutions, announced today that it will showcase its Red Dot award–winning Espedeo™ Supra–5000 RGB Plus laser phosphor cinema projector at this year’s CineAsia 2020 Online Trade Show and Conference, held virtually on November 4 and 5. In addition, GDC will launch a record number of innovations developed from its continual research and development during the pandemic. The new products include solutions designed to automate workflow and provide advanced technologies for cinema operators as the industry prepares to adapt to changing business models.
Espedeo Supra-5000RGB Plus laser phosphor cinema projector is an affordable DCI-compliant projection system offering amongst the lowest TCO due to its architecture and advanced technology. Its key features include:
- Specifically designed for in-auditorium ceiling mount (no hush box or exhaust). It is smaller, lighter, and quieter when compared to other cinema projectors with the same brightness level.
- 5,000-lumen laser phosphor digital cinema projector, achieving DCI colors and 99% of Rec.2020 with the world’s leading ALPD 4.0 technology.
- Light engine and lens are designed with IP5X level of dustproof protection for maximizing brightness.
- Built-in GDC’s All-in-One-Board to provide diskless 2TBCineCache™(built-in cache memory). Content ingest and playback can be performed concurrently without local HDD storage. Incredibly fast ingest during playback.
- Audio key feature coming soon: optional built-in digital cinema audio processor to playback movie titles in uncompressed audio tracks, reproducing the most accurate sound possible.
- Supports GoGoCinema™ cinema-on-demand platform with GDC Cinema Automation 2.0.
- Supra Command Center: an intuitive web-based control UI connected to projector’s built-in Wi-Fi that can be accessed with a desktop, a laptop, or a tablet.
SR–1000 Integrated Media Block™ with 2TB diskless CineCache and built–in cinema audio processor
GDC’s SR–1000 was introduced in March at CinemaCon 2017 to rave reviews by exhibitors. This year, the product line expands to include a built–in cinema audio processor to cost–effectively enhance the audio by simply adding the low–cost optional license to activate the feature. In addition, the diskless CineCache (built–in cache memory) was expanded to 2TB storage, allowing content playback to be performed without the need for local HDD storage.
Key features and benefits of built–in cinema audio processor
- 5.1/7.1 surround sound
- Individual channel delays and gains
- Channel routing and duplication
- Integrated UI with IMB
- Optional IO (Input–Output) BoxAIB–2000 to interface with external audio equipment such as analog amplifiers, booth monitor, mic, MP4 players, and HDMI devices
- 8 channel premium quality DAC
- The built–in audio processor license can be procured and configured in SR–1000 remotely from GDC
The Enterprise Series Storage devices, including Enterprise Storage Plus and the new Enterprise Storage Lite, are dedicated storage playback systems designed for an IMB to manage movie content. These systems are scalable from a performance and budget perspective, providing exhibitors with options to meet their needs. Enterprise Storage Plus offers up to 32TB while Enterprise Storage Lite offers up to 16TB. Both systems provide reliable redundant hot–swappable drives.
“The Asia Pacific cinema market is one of the most diverse, innovative, and dynamic regions in the world with cinema owners now facing unforeseen challenges to engage and attract audiences,” said Dr. Man–Nang Chong, founder, chairman, and CEO of GDC Technology Limited. “Our goal is to continually support their needs by helping exhibitors reduce operating costs and improve screening quality with reliable, cost–effective solutions and advanced technologies. Although virtual, CineAsia is the perfect venue to showcase our continued investment in their future.”
About GDC Technology Limited (www.gdc–tech.com)
GDC Technology Limited (‘GDC’) is a leading digital cinema solutions provider. GDC develops, manufactures, and sells media servers, integrated projection systems, content storage systems, theatre management systems, and network operations center software for the global cinema industry. GDC is a licensee of DTS: X™ object–based immersive sound technology from DTS®, Inc, for the development of its media servers capable of decoding DTS: X™ and IAB soundtracks. In addition, GDC also provides a suite of digital cinema products and services, including DCI–compliant cinema LED, cinema projectors, 3D products, projector lamps, cinema audio equipment, and silver screens.
Trademarks Standalone Integrated Media Block and CineCache are trademarks of GDC Technology Limited. All other trademarks remain the property of their respective owners.
Media Contact: Tony Adamson
Phone: +1 (214) 686–0491
SOURCE: GDC Technology