GDC Technology Showcases Its Award-winning Products at CineEurope 2019
Game-changing technology to automate workflow along with HFR media servers and cost-effective audio solution paves the way for the cinema industry to enter the future
The SCL Mk2 Series is the world’s first scalable centralized playback solution:
- SCL–1000 Mk2–up to 8 screens,
- SCL–2000 Mk2–9 to 14 screen,
- SCL–3000 Mk2–15 to 21 screens and
- SCL–4000 Mk2–22 to 30 screens.
- the system intelligently manages equipment power supply and assures industry-standard screening quality automatically by smart testing and analysis;
- its sophisticated fail–safe design helps eliminate interruptions by ensuring that every screening continues undisturbed in the highly unlikely event of a central server failure.
SR–Series Standalone IntegratedMedia Block™ with FAST (Flexible Architecture Stable Technology) for advanced cinematic imagery based on proven technology from GDC, a cinema owner’s reliable choice since 2000, GDC’s SR Family was introduced in March at CinemaCon 2017 to rave reviews by exhibitors. This year, the product line expands to include two new media server series designed with advanced features to enhance the imagery.
Key features and benefits of the new SR–Series IMBs
- Compatibility with the next generation of DLP Cinema® projectors
SR–5400 Series is capable of playing DCP content in 4K 3D and 4K@60fps and seamlessly integrates the next generation of DLP Cinema projectors for Barco, Christie, and NEC. The SR–6400C is capable of 4K@120fps, 4K@240fps in 3D mode, and compatible with the new Christie® projector featuring ReaLaser™ illumination and CineLife+™.
- Features CineCache™
The SR–Series is designed with diskless CineCache™ (built–in cache memory). Content playback can be performed without the need for local HDD storage.
- Supports playback of thousands of movies
Take full advantage of show scheduling with Ultra Storage technology that enables the playback of thousands of movies with CA2.0.
- High reliability
Ultra–reliable SR–Series media servers with built–in embedded power electronics used in medical and military products ensuring the overall system stability.
- User–friendly and intuitive web–based user interface
The web–based IBM SMS offers a user–friendly and intuitive UI. With drag–and–drop, filtering, and navigating functions, operators can easily switch between tabs or pages. Also, wireless access is also enabled by using mobile devices such as a smartphone or tablet.
Key features and benefits of the cost–effective DTS:X audio solution with MAGCinema solutions
- Traditional cinema processor is not necessary: DANA amplifiers are equipped with digital AES/EBU inputs and necessary processing to receive bitstream directly from the GDC’s media server, thus removing the need for an external cinema processor.
- Clear sound with minimum conversions: Only one digital–to–analog conversion preserves as much original content as possible.
- Fail–safe operation: The distributed system will keep on working even with some of its components are out of order. Components are easy to reassign or replace.
- Easy to connect: Minimal number of devices means easy wiring, simplifying system building, and speeding up the setup process.
- Lower systems costs: With fewer devices, total system building costs including setup and tuning expenses are dramatically reduced.
- Unprecedented 10–year speaker warranty: speakers used with factory-supplied presets, are covered by 10 years manufacturer warranty.
A proud sponsor of CineEurope
GDC is co–sponsoring the Happy Hour on the Trade Show Floor on June 18 at 3:00 pm. In addition, GDC will participate the ICT seminar Series panel discussion on disruptive technologies on June 16 at 2:15 pm and present on Innovations in the Pipeline on 18 June at 2:45 pm. Also, GDC will participate in the panel discussing mini–theatres and movies on demand on June 19 at 3:30 pm. To discover more about the numerous benefits of the CA 2.0 and the innovative FAST media servers, along with other GDC digital cinema products, visit GDC in meeting room 131, Level P1. Interested delegates can contact GDC to arrange an individual meeting with a sales consultant at marketing@gdc–tech.com.