GDC Technology Launches Record Number of Industry First Products at CinemaCon 2019
Game-changing technology to automate workflow along with innovative FAST media servers and cost-effective audio solutions paves the way for the cinema industry to enter the future
- SCL-1000 – up to 8 screens,
- SCL-2000 – 9 to 14 screens,
- SCL-3000 – 15 to 21 screens and
- SCL-4000 – 22 to 30 screens
Key benefits of SCL Server Series
SCL Series Servers offer each auditorium access to a wide assortment of movies from a centralized server without the need for local storage attached to every media server. They are designed with scalability and reliability in mind. Their storage capacity can be customized based on the number of screens (from 4 to 30) and the number of movie titles (up to a few thousand DCPs) to be stored and streamed to all the auditoriums. With the storage capacity increased by up to 51 times when compared to the traditional method, SCL series servers are the answer to exhibitors’ demand for an “online” content solution that enables them to maintain competitiveness in today’s market.
In addition to automating the complex procedure of manually preparing or editing show playlists, CA2.0 incorporates other impressive advances, such as:
- The system intelligently manages equipment power supply and assures industry-standard screening quality automatically by smart testing and analysis and;
- Its sophisticated fail-safe design helps eliminate interruptions by ensuring that every screening continues undisturbed in the highly unlikely event of a central server failure.
SR Series Standalone Integrated Media Block™ with FAST (Flexible Architecture Stable Technology) for advanced cinematic imagery
Based on proven technology from GDC, a cinema owner’s reliable choice since 2000, GDC’s SR Family was introduced in March at CinemaCon 2017 to rave reviews by exhibitors. This year, the product line expands to include two new media server series designed with advanced features to enhance the imagery.
Key features and benefits of the new SR Series IMBs
- Compatibility with new DLP Cinema® projectors SR-5400 Series is capable of playing DCP content in 4K 3D and 4K@60fps and seamlessly integrates with the new DLP Cinema® projectors from Barco, Christie, and NEC. The SR-6400 is capable of 4K 3D and 4K@120fps, and compatible with the new Christie® projector featuring ReaLaser™ illumination and CineLife+™.
- Features CineCache™ The SR Series is designed with diskless CineCache™ (built-in cache memory). Content playback can be performed without the need for local HDD storage.
- Supports the playback of thousands of movies Take full advantage of show scheduling with Ultra Storage technology that enables the playback of over 2,000 movies with Cinema Automation CA2.0.
- High-reliability Ultra-reliable SR-Series media servers with built-in embedded power electronics used in medical and military products ensuring the overall system stability.
- User-friendly and intuitive web-based user interface The newly designed web-based UI is user-friendly and intuitive. With drag-and-drop, filtering, and navigating functions, operators can easily switch between tabs or pages. Also, wireless access is also enabled by using mobile devices such as a smartphone or tablet.