Introduced 4 MORE solutions at CineAsia 2023:
1. HEAR MORE: SR-1000 built-in DTS Surround audio processor with surround bass management and AIB-3000 DTS Surround Cinema audio processor with surround bass management to build a certified “DTS Surround Cinema”.
2. STORE MORE: a new SR-1000 media server with built-in 4TB CineCache. All GDC media servers are served with green SSD storage eliminating the less reliable and power-consuming HDDs.
3. SHOW MORE: pure RGB Laser Light Upgrade (LLU) for Series 2 xenon lamp projectors for unparalleled projection image quality and sustainability.
4. ACHIEVE MORE: GDC fully integrates automated KDM delivery to GDC’s Theatre Management System TMS-2000. By automating the delivery of KDMs, exhibitors can now streamline and simplify the process of managing and distributing encryption keys for digital cinema content across its network of cinemas; and brand new SCL-3330 series Centralized Playback Server with support up to 30 screens featuring the all-new GDC hardware host server and NVME SSD design. With the ability to stream ingested content instantly, an impressive 112TB cache storage (including RAID5 for enhanced reliability), optional RAID 1 for OS SSD, and hot-swappable cache storage SSDs. Introducing the PSC-2000 series, a specialized power sequence controller for digital cinema audio systems. By providing a sequential power supply to audio decoders and power amplifiers, exhibitors can prevent damage from excessive current when multiple devices are turned on simultaneously.
Introduced 6 first-to-market solutions at CinemaCon 2023:
- SR-1000 IMB with built-in CineCache™ 2TB, DTS® Surround audio processor. Learn More >
- SR-1000 Standalone Integrated Media Block™ with SDI connector.
- FC-1000 Fader Control and FR-1000 Fader Remote for cinema audio.
- SATO Series and SATO Premium Mini Series high-performance Japanese-made cinema speakers. Learn More >
- AIB Digital-Analog Converter AIB-3000 software license enabled DTS Surround audio processor.
- PSD-4000-SSD Portable Storage: 3TB, 4TB, 6TB SSD RAID-5 for SR-1000 IMB.
Introduced 3 first-to-market solutions at CineAsia 2022
1. AE-6703 AES67/AES3 32x32-channel Bidirectional Converter translating the AES3 output of SR-1000 to AES67 protocol for the network amplifiers.
2. DAC Series Digital-to-Analog Audio Converter consists of a portfolio of DACs ranging from 8-/12-/16-/24-/32-channel options. Each DAC model supports the specified number of AES3 digital audio inputs through RJ-45 socket(s) and the outputs are accessible via Phoenix connectors.
3. TMS-2000 Theatre Management System web-based TMS-2000WEB allows multiple users to monitor booth operations at the same time from a web browser, making it easier to use than ever.
Introduced SR-1000 media server with the audio capability of rendering up to 32-channels of DTS:X™ immersive audio that supports SMPTE’s ST 2098-2 immersive audio bitstream (IAB) standard at CinemaCon.
Introduced Espedeo Supra-5000 RGB+ Laser Phosphor Cinema Projector built-in option for a 15.1 cinema audio processor and a DTS:XTM decoder supporting the IAB standard at CinemaCon 2022.
Developed Sony’s SRX-R320 digital cinema projector integrated with GDC’s SR-1130 IMB to extend the projector life and access to GDC’s future-proof technologies including cinema audio processor, CineCache 2TB, and CA2.0.
Developed Unilumin’s UC-A41 is China's first domestically-made LED cinema projection system integrated with GDC’s SRC-7500 IMB to achieve DCI compliance.
Launched SR-1000 IMB with the optional built-in cinema audio processor designed for 5.1/7.1 PCM uncompressed surround sound. Also, GDC launched an optional IO (Input-Output) Box AIB-2000 for SR-1000 to interface with external audio equipment.
Launched the world's smallest, lightest and quietest DCI-compliant cinema projector Espedeo Supra-5000.
Launched CMS-3000 Central Management System for cinema headquarters to manage content for screenings, and much more.
Launched a cost-effective S1 Kit Plus embedded with enterprise storage up to 16TB for extending the life of Series 1 DLP Cinema® projectors.
GDC and DTS jointly demonstrated the DTS:X IAB cinema solution to Hollywood studios and industry stakeholders in Los Angeles. As part of the process to rollout SX-4000 IMB fully supported SMPTE’s ST 2098-2 immersive audio bitstream (IAB) standard.
Learn More >
Achieved DCI Compliance for SR-6400C IMB.
Gemini Man released globally, with the support of CINITY Cinema’s GDC SR-6400C media server, 3D movie content can be played back in 240fps high frame rate smoothly with dual projectors.
CINEAPPO’s C5-2KS digital cinema projector integrated with GDC’s SRC-1200 IMB achieved DCI Compliance.
Introduced the world’s highest specification media server SR-6400C, and received the Digital Cinema Report Catalyst Award 2019 for Best New Technology at CinemaCon. Learn More >
Sony’s SRX-608-DS digital cinema projector integrated with GDC’s SR-1100 IMB achieved DCI Compliance.
Achieved DCI Compliance for SR-1000 Standalone IMB.
Launched Cinema Automation CA2.0, featuring SCL-2000 centralized storage playback solution.
GDC and Samsung built and presented the world’s first LED Screen Cinema at Lotte Cinema World Tower, Seoul, South Korea.
Launched SR-1000 Standalone IMB, the 6th generation digital cinema server featuring CineCache™ (built-in cache memory), designed for near-zero maintenance need and minimal total cost of ownership for exhibitors.
Launched Network Operations Center 2.0 software (NOC 2.0).
Demonstrated the industry’s first-ever combination of 3D playback in high frame rate with DTS:X Immersive Sound Solution at CineAsia, Hong Kong.
Launched GDC’s Immersive Sound Solution with SX-4000 Standalone IMB and XSP-1000 Cinema Processor. Learn More >
Launched the first GDC’s Immersive Sound Solution featuring DTS:X, with SX-2000X Immersive Sound Media Server and XSP-1000 Cinema Processor.
Debut of the industry’s first Standalone Integrated Media Block, the SX-3000 at CineAsia, Hong Kong. Learn More >
Successfully showcased Asia’s first 48 fps high frame rate demonstration at BIRTV, Beijing. Learn More >
GDC IMB was awarded industry’s first FIPS Level 3 Certication meeting DCI security requirements. Learn More >
Showcased advanced features of the SX-2000A server with IMB such as 12-bit 4:4:4 output images (left and right) 3D playback, up to 4TB maximum storage, USB 3.0 interface and 3D Live support at CinemaCon, USA.
The world’s first installation of digital cinema servers with Series 2 DLP Cinema® Projector.
Unveiled SX-2000 Series Digital Cinema Server and Integrated Media Block at ShoWest, USA.
GDC Integrated Media Block awarded FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certification.
Learn More >
Introduced the first digital cinema integrated projection system – the DCI-2000™.
Launched SA-2100 DSR® Digital Film Server.
Launched MXF JPEG 2000 DCI-compliant upgrade kit for GDC digital cinema servers to play 3D movies and movies encoded in MXF MPEG2 format. Learn More >
Demonstrated DCI-compliant digital cinema solution in Beijing.
Learn More >
Launched DSR® Network Operating Center software.
First digital cinema server company to provide MXF packaging format for the digital cinema industry.
Succeeded in cross-continent transmission of feature film package in DCI recommended MXF standard. Learn More >
Launched synchronized playout technology for GDC servers and rolled-out China’s first 4K digital cinema multiple-screen projection system.
Introduced the world’s first 2K resolution DSR® Digital Film Agile Encoder and DSR® Server. Learn More >
Showcased DSR® Digital Film Server with MPEG2 4:2:2 at BIRTV.
Learn More >
Introduced MPEG2 4:2:2 DSR® Digital Film Server with high bit-rate decoder.
First to develop a software-based (non-chipset based) digital cinema server.