GDC 7 Key Highlights of CinemaCon 2021
It was great to see so many film industry friends and colleagues in person again. However, we understand travel may be limited during the pandemic time and not everybody has the chance to attend Trade Events. With this in mind, we’d like to take you on a virtual tour of the GDC meeting room! In this virtual tour, you’ll walk through the 7 highlights, including the GoGoCinema Mini-Theatre and other product displays.
Although we miss all international audiences’ presence in person, GDC’s meeting room in Milano Ballroom III at CinemaCon 2021 was visited by over 300 delegates, or over 20 percent of the total delegates attending this year’s convention! The on-site response to the new solutions was overwhelmingly positive with delegates congratulating GDC for continuing to be innovative during 2021.
We introduced the GoGoCinema Mini-Theatre concept designed by TK Architects. Nearly every delegate was amazed by the design that includes an in-theatre bar and concession stand. The GoGoCinema Mini-Theatre concept utilizes Supra-5000, Cinema Automation CA2.0 and a web-based GoGoCinema™ cinema-on-demand platform.
- Mini-theatre dimension (W x D x H) : 7.2 m x 11 m x 3.6 m (26 ft x 36 ft x 12 ft)
- Screen width: 6 m (20 ft)
- Throw: 9 m (30 ft)
- Seats: 14
The demonstrations held in the GoGoCinema Mini-Theatre received rave reviews. The delegates were amazed by the quietness and image quality of Supra-5000. To demonstrate the features of the new Espedeo Supra-5000 RGB+ Laser Phosphor Cinema Projector, we constructed a 26 by 36 feet GoGoCinema Mini-Theatre featuring a 7.1 sound system provided by Harman and a 20-foot MDI screen from Strong. The Supra-5000 was installed with GDC’s AIB-2000 Audio IO (Input-Output) Box to interface with a microphone for the live presentation. The Mini-Theatre also gave the delegates a close-up view of the Espedeo VM-1140 VESA ceiling mount as Supra-5000 was installed onto a truss system and installed with Espedeo PM-2000B 3D Polarized System to highlight the capability to exhibit 3D content.
2. GoGoCinema Cinema-on-Demand
3. Espedeo Solutions
- Espedeo Supra‐5000 RGB+ Laser Phosphor Cinema Projector
- GDC All-in-One Board comprised of DCI-compliant media server, Integrated Cinema Processor [ICP] and DMD formatter board
- Espedeo Fixed Lens (0.8:1)
- Espedeo Motorized Lens (1.28-1.92:1)
- Espedeo VM-1140 VESA Ceiling Mount designed for in-auditorium or in-home installation
- Espedeo PM-2000B 3D Polarized System
- Espedeo LPG-08 Passive 3D Polarized Clip-on Glasses
- Espedeo LPG05-E Passive 3D Polarized Adult Glasses
- Espedeo LPG06-E (yellow) Passive 3D Polarized Kid Glasses
- Espedeo LPG07-E (blue) Passive 3D Polarized Kid Glasses
- Customized Magnetic Cover to match your ceiling color or add your logo on Supra-5000
- Espedeo Supra Command Centre, Supra-5000 web-based user interface
4. Media Servers
- SR-1000 Standalone Integrated Media Block™ and its powerful built-in options: Cinecache™ 2TB and cinema audio processor
- AIB-2000 Audio IO (Input-Output) Box for interfacing with external audio equipment.
- S1 Kit Plus with Integrated Media Block™ SR-1000. The only solution to extend the life of your Series 1 DLP Cinema® projectors.
- SR-5400 Standalone Integrated Media Block™ with Flexible Architecture Stable Technology (FAST) for 4K@120fps playback in 3D mode. It can seamlessly integrate with the next generation of DLP Cinema projectors including Barco, Christie, and NEC.
- SR-6400C Standalone Integrated Media Block™ with Flexible Architecture Stable Technology (FAST) for 4K@240fps playback in 3D mode. It is specially designed for Christie® projector featuring RealLaser™ illumination and CineLife+™.
- Enterprise Storage offers up to 32TB and reliable redundant hot-swappable drives.
5. IMB for Sony Projector
The SR-1130 Integrated Media Block (IMB) is a DCI-compliant media server produced for the Sony SRX-R320 4K digital cinema projector introduced in 2009. It is a most advanced and up-to-date media server to uplift the Sony SRX-R320 projector. Users of the SRX-R320 projector with SR-1130 media server can immediately experience a significant improvement in operational efficiency.
6. IMB Featuring DTS:X Immersive Audio Solution
- The latest SR-1000 featuring 16-channel DTS:X Immersive Audio Solution. Additionally, a new built-in 16-channel cinema audio processor is made available to replace an external cinema audio processor for the 16-channel DTS:X setup.
- The upcoming SR-1000 featuring 24-channel DTS:X Immersive Audio Solution.
7. Enterprise Software
Demonstrated how cinema enterprise software boosts cinema efficiency with a cinema headquarters installed with Central Management Enterprise Software CMS-3000 and Network Operations Center NOC 2.0 while 2 multiplexes installed CA2.0 and TMS-2000 respectively:
For the multiplex installed with Cinema Automation CA2.0, there was a demonstration showing how it works with:
- 40TB SCL-2000 Mk2 server with a 24-port switch, hence the cinema operation can be streamlined with Automatic Content Management, Show Playlist Generation, and Intelligent Cinema Equipment Management. Manual operation or human intervention is significantly reduced.
- Automation Control System ACS-2800, an automation product specially designed for digital cinemas to help exhibitors to achieve automatic control of their screening equipment with maximum efficiency.
- Power Management System PMA-2000, a power management device providing intelligent power supply management for theatre equipment
- S1 Kit Plus with Integrated Media Block™ SR-1000 with remote access and control with a mobile device, on a web-based user interface.
For the multiplex installed with Theatre Management System TMS-2000, there was a demonstration showing how it works with TmsAware™ App, a management application that enables on-the-go cinema monitoring.
We hope to see you soon at a regional show; if you have any questions on any of our products or services, please contact your local sales office.